We needed a stand to replace the TV tray we've been using temporarily (for years) for our network printer. My father gave me a ton of poplar he got when he bought a pallet of odds and ends from a
saw mill. I bought a little birch plywood, grabbed my pocket hole jig, and got to work.
I cut the legs and the long crosspieces to size.
I taped some pieces together to cut the 4 short crosspieces, Then I realized there were 6. I cut those and the thin boards for the shelf cleats and the top edging.
I drilled pocket holes n the crosspieces.
I assembled the sides.
I connected the sides and installed the shelves.
Then I applied wood conditioner, stain, and polyurethane.
You can download Sketch Up File of this printer stand.